follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, November 1, 2008

    "Persuasive communicator, problem-solver and focused leader"... in 12 short weeks!

    "And you'll develop a take-charge attitude initiated with confidence and enthusiasm." Join me as I somewhat reluctantly enthusiastically take part in my employer sponsored Dale Carnegie Course, beginning election day 2008! Let the super positive self help vibe begin. 

    But seriously folks, it could be interesting to see what happens to a cynical and introverted girl who would rather stab herself in the eye than take what she dreads is a 12-week speech class in Bend.

    Maybe this is the attitude adjustment we've all been waiting for! Stay tuned. In the meantime, enjoy the following from my reading list for more fun and games with self help: 
    Helping Me Help Myself: One Skeptic, Ten Self-Help Gurus, and a Year on the Brink of the Comfort Zone and How To Lose Friends And Alienate People: A Memoir. And yes, I've actually read these books.

    3 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Wow! From one cynical introvert to another: Good luck and I hope it's fun!

    Unknown said...

    oh hey, I'm a cynical introvert too! it looks like we'll have a quorum if you need to have a snark-fest

    beezelbarb said...

    Hmmm sounds like another meetup forming for cynical introverts... or maybe just an excuse to get together and have cupcakes.